Thursday, February 12, 2015

R-Pi 2 Media Player

My Raspberry Pi 2 model B arrived and I've got OSMC Alpha 4 installed on a micro SD card. I was very impressed by the installation process, their installer is very slick. I didn't have any time to tinker with anything beyond getting it booted for the first time.

Here's my todo list:

  • switch to the default kodi skin; confluence (eases the change from XBian to OSMC)
  • I couldn't connect via ssh when I tried, I suspect the wifi device hasn't been detected
  • get the remote control working
  • plug the external drives which contain all our media into it
  • export the library from the old XBian setup (including watched status)
  • import library into OSMC setup
  • install and configure transmission
  • install and configure sickbeard
  • install and configure samba, so I can access the media files from my PC

    Once I've switched us over to using this new OSMC system on the R-Pi 2 I can redeploy the old R-Pi as the base of my refactored RFID music triggering system. I've got a pair of speakers, another wifi dongle and external drive all ready to get that up and running. More on that as I get to it.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment